- About Us
- Apply Online
222 East 2nd Street, Duluth
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, M - F
$20.67-$23.78 Per hour
Applications accepted through
Anticipated Start Date
Submit applications to:
Senior Executive Assistant
Performs all of the functions necessary to receive, verify, process, track and monitor income eligibility, annual and interim certifications.
A. Performs the processing of income eligibility, annual and interim certifications.
1. Reviews pre-applications and applications for housing programs.
2. Selects, interviews and screens applicants to determine income eligibility.
3. Completes established and required processing procedures as it pertains to calculating income eligibility, annual and interim certifications.
4. Assists in researching, developing, maintaining and revising department forms, procedures and control systems as needed.
5. Prepares reports, letters, memos and other documents as needed.
6. Performs filing, word processing, and other clerical functions as required.
7. Produces and analyzes monthly compliance reports.
8. Assist applicants, participants and tenant with required documents for assistance.
B. Develops and maintains effective working relationships.
1. Develops and maintains good working relationships with HRA staff, residents, and the public.
2. Explains rules and HRA policies to perspective applicants, tenants and participants.
3. Refers issues, complaints to appropriate staff.
C. Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: The above is illustrative of the descriptions of the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Any information acquired through employment at the Housing & Redevelopment Authority of Duluth is to remain confidential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Computer skills must include the ability to input and assemble data, compile reports and establish tracking systems.
2. Knowledge of housing policies.
3. Ability to execute accurate math computations, good keyboarding skills and learn various types of electronic and manual recording and information systems used by the department.
4. Knowledge of inter-agency and intra-agency resources.
5. Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding privacy and confidentiality and the ability to implement laws and regulations.
6. Sound organizational and clerical skills.
7. Ability to express information and instruction clearly, accurately and professionally, whether by phone, letter or personal contact.
8. Ability to exercise good judgement, perform work in a courteous and diplomatic manner and establish and maintain harmonious working relationships.
9. Ability to work effectively with people of all social and economic backgrounds.
10. Ability to initiate work projects, work independently, organize workload and manage time effectively.
1. High school graduate or GED; and
2. Two years relevant work experience in human service, housing profession or related field; or
3. Any combination of education and work experience as may be acceptable as equivalent by the Executive Director.
License or Certification
Valid Driver’s License is required.
1. Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions.
2. Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting 20 pounds of force occasionally, and 10 pounds frequently.
3. Must be able to possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, and do extensive reading.
4. Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made, because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such person may not be eligible.
Benefits and Wages
The HRA offers a competitive wage starting at $20.67/hr. The benefit package, in the current contract, includes health, dental, flexible spending plan, life insurance, long term disability insurance, vacation, holiday, personal, and sick leave, as well as an employer paid retirement plan.
Applicants must submit a completed HRA Employment Application (see download link on this page) and return to the HRA Central Office, 222 East Second Street, Duluth, MN 55805.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified by email or phone.
All Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, familial status, marital status, receipt of public housing, sexual preference, political affiliations or participation in our local human rights commission.
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE THEIR ABILITY TO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS.