HRA Employment Opportunities
APPLICATION SPECIALIST OPENING
The Duluth HRA has an opening for an Applications Specialist. See job announcement and application instructions below.
TITLE: Applications Specialist
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
POSITION LOCATION: Housing Services, Section 8
COMPENSATION: $19.69 per hour
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October, 2017
SUMMARY: Performs all of the functions necessary to receive, verify, process, track, monitor, select and develop applications for HRA housing programs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUREMENT: High School Diploma
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Two year relevant work experience in human service, housing profession or related field
OR a combination of education and work experience as may be acceptable as equivalent by the Executive Director
- Reviews pre-applications and applications for housing programs; places all apparently eligible applicants on the appropriate waiting list(s) and notifies applicants as to their status according to established and required procedures.
- Selects, interviews and screens applicants to determine final eligibility.
- Schedules, attends and conducts formal/informal reviews, conferences or hearings for applicants and issues written decisions.
- Maintains current accurate waiting lists for HRA programs according to program rules and regulations.
- Completes periodic applicant updates as necessary.
- Researches, drafts, maintains and revises applicant forms, procedures and control systems as directed.
- Serves as primary agency contact for program eligibility inquiries.
- Prepares reports, letters, memos and other documents as needed.
- Performs filing, word processing, and other clerical functions as required.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with HRA staff, residents, and the public.
- Explains rules and regulations, HRA policies and statutory obligations to perspective
- Resolves issues, complaints and/or refers to appropriate staff.
- The above is illustrative of the descriptions of the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all responsibilities assigned to this job.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer skills must include the ability to input and assemble data, compile reports and establish tracking systems.
- Knowledge of housing regulations and policies.
- Ability to execute accurate math computations, good keyboarding skills and learn various types of electronic and manual recording and information systems used by the department.
- Knowledge of inter-agency and intra-agency resources.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding privacy and confidentiality and the ability to implement laws and regulations.
- Sound organizational and clerical skills.
- Ability to express information and instruction clearly, accurately and professionally, whether by phone, letter or personal contact.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, perform work in a courteous and diplomatic manner and establish and maintain harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with people of all social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to initiate work projects, work independently, organize workload and manage time effectively.
- The successful candidate will be a highly organized, self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, display an aptitude for financial calculation and analysis, be a team player and demonstrate a strong interest in and ability to deliver quality customer service.
- PHYSCIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, and do extensive reading.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made, because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such person may not be eligible.
|Value of Benefit Package = $30,190|
|PAID TIME OFF|
|Vacation||Based on length of service starting with 12 days per year. Up to 285 hours can be banked and paid out at separation.|
|Sick Leave||24 days per year. Up to 900 hours can be banked and paid out to a Health Care Savings account at retirement.|
|Personal Leave||2 days per year.|
|Holidays||12 days per year.|
|Medical and Pharmacy-Health Partners||Single ($47.20/mo) or Family ($362.20/mo) coverage. 80% co-insurance subject to $500 deductible with $2500 annual maximum. Tiered prescription plan with$ 0 co-pay for generic, $15 co-pay for formulary and 30% co-pay to $100 maximum for specialty drugs.|
|Dental –Delta Dental||Agency pays the full premium for single coverage; employee can purchase coverage for family members. 80% co-insurance with no annual deductible.|
|Wellness||Free activities for individual well-being|
|Employee Assistance-Sandcreek Group||3 free counseling and referral sessions per year|
|Life-Hartford||Agency pays the full premium for coverage equal to 1.5x annual salary.|
|Long Term Disability-Hartford||Provides monthly benefit equal to 60% of base wage; Agency pays 50% of the premium.|
|Defined Contribution Plan||12.5% of salary vesting after 5 years. Self-directed John Hancock investment options.|
|Additional Insurance-Assurant||Employee paid Life, Cancer or Accident Insurance|
|Additional Retirement||State of Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan|
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, political affiliations, beliefs, or disability. All applicants will be required to demonstrate their ability to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Application with detailed resume can be delivered to 222 East Second Street, Duluth, MN; mailed to P.O. Box 16900, Duluth MN 55816-0900; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be considered for interview beginning September 21, 2017.
DULUTH HRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.