HRA Employment Opportunities
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: May 4, 2017
Maintenance Technician. Full-time.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN: This is a full-time entry level maintenance position in an agency with great potential for promotion. Under the general supervision of a Maintenance Supervisor and working within a maintenance team, the Maintenance Technician is responsible to complete routine repairs, prepare units for re-rental, perform lawn care and snow removal as well as custodial work to maintain buildings, grounds and equipment.
Education and work experience must include a high school diploma and one year work experience in facilities management or a related field. Other requirements include a Special Boiler License or ability to obtain in 6 months, a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The HRA is looking for a self-motivated person who is thorough, reliable, can problem solve, will be a team player, has the ability to work well with a diverse population and a strong interest in customer service.
The HRA offers a competitive wage starting at $16.55/hr ($32,272 per year). There are step increases in years 2-5 and longevity awards starting after year 8. The benefit package is valued at $28,000 in year 1 and includes:
- 12 Holidays
- 2 floating days
- 12 vacation days (increasing to 18 in year 6 and 23 in year 12)
- 180 hours of sick leave that can be banked and paid out at retirement
- Employer contributions to a retirement account equal to 12.% of annual wage
- Medical and dental that can include the entire family.
- Life insurance for the employee, employees spouse and employee’s children
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program
Applicants must submit a resume with references or complete an authority employement application. A complete job description and an application form are available at the HRA Central Office, 222 East Second Street, Duluth, MN 55805 or may be requested by email at email@example.com.
HOUSING AND REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
OF DULUTH, MINNESOTA
222 East Second Street
PO Box 16900
Duluth, MN 55816-0900
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER